Lower the interest rates on medical debt and increase borrower protections from debt collectors
Consumer advocates got a win Tuesday in Arizona, with voters approving a measure that will lower the interest rates on medical debt and increase borrower protections from debt collectors.
The measure, Proposition 209, passed by an overwhelming margin. It had support from 72% of voters with more than two-thirds of ballots counted, according to unofficial results.
Industry groups have opposed the measure, saying the debt collection provisions will restrict access to credit by making it more expensive for banks and other lenders to make loans.
- The Rule places additional restrictions on debt collection practices and addresses communications regarding debt collection2023-01-10
- Despite growing evidence of the harm caused by medical debt2022-12-22
- The complaint alleges that Snyder colluded with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell2022-12-22
- Debt collector fails to pay investors interest in The US2022-12-05
- Lower the interest rates on medical debt and increase borrower protections from debt collectors2022-11-15
- Shenzhen to Spearhead Financial, Tax Reform in Guangdong China2022-11-07
- Protect nursing home residents and caregivers from illegal debt collection practices2022-11-06
- Texas-based debt collection companies Turtle Creek Assets Ltd2022-10-14
- Chinese new home sales by floor area fell 37.7% private survey2022-10-11
Contact: Feidu Debt Collection
Phone: + 86 182214 73621
Tel: + 86 21 5992 1896 * English and Chinese speaking 24/7
Add: 11th Floor, No.99 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China